4:07 p.m. - 2004-12-01
Ten days? Seriously?
Wow. It's been a long time, dear diary. Sorry for neglecting you...but there's just been so much going on that you've fallen to the back burner on my range of things to do.
It looks like the vacation stories aren't going to get told, though I wanted to put them here. Some things to note:
1. My sister has some serious issues, but I guess that's inherent to being a member of my family. Still, I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to grow up with her. I'm actually grateful that I didn't find out about her until now.
2. I have to schedule my surgery, because when being on your period equates with three straight days of couch time (owowowowow!), something needs to be done.
3. Take out the highest amount of insurance they'll allow you to when you rent a moped, because someone is inevitably going to crash the damn thing. (Wasn't me this time...it was my father's other daughter.)
4. Parasailing is an incredibly peaceful, mind-soothing experience. Everyone should make a point to try it at some point in their lives. (Especially Alan, who chickened out at the last minute and missed a beautiful ride.)
5. Seven days away from home (especially with a ten hour drive each way) is a "trip," not a vacation. I don't think you can really deem it a vacation unless you're gone for at least two weeks.
In work related news, everything about school is making me want to heave myself from a fifteenth story window.
That's it for now.